Staff Physical Therapist
EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.NUMBER OF OPENINGS1DESCRIPTION
The Staff Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients, communicates with families, physicians and other health team members and maintains documentation of services in the medical records. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate patients within twenty-four (24) hours, or 1 business day of physician referral. If unable to complete evaluation in 24 hours, documentation in medical record clearly defines cause for delay.
- Develop effective treatment plan and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients per the physician treatment plan. • Assist nursing department with training of Restorative Aides.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice act.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problem and plans.
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences as needed.
- Participate in in-services training program for other staff in the facility.
- Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, recertification documentation, per PT Board State Practice Act and governmental and third party payer requirements.
- Record treatment changes per policy and procedures.
- Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program and caregiver training in preparation for discharge from therapy services.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Recommend and facilitate the ordering of necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars.
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with patients/residents, families, staff and professional colleagues.
Supervises PT assistants, aides and students.
Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, prefer graduates of Masters or Doctorate Program in Physical Therapy. Proficient in computer skills such as inputting data into programs such as Casamba and Point Click Care.
Language Skills – Ability to read technical procedures. Ability to read and comprehend policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, coworkers and families.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state. Employee must meet continue education requirements per state practices. Must maintain a license in good standing at all time with the state board.
The essential functions of this position require the following physical abilities: Standing and /or walking very frequently. Sitting occasionally. Reaching with hands and arms frequently, pushing/pulling very frequently. Talking and /or hearing very frequently. Tasting and /or smelling very frequently. Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and or excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or excess of 20 pounds of force constant to move objects. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling occasionally. Close, distance, color, peripheral, and depth perception in vision: ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME-unspecified-POSITIONStaff Physical TherapistHIRING MANAGER(S) LOCATIONWILLOW CREEKABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our Mission is to be committed to excellence in serving our community
Our Vision is to be the premier provider of post-acute care by perfecting our core competencies
Our Values are Excellence, Trust, Accountability, Mutual Respect and Love, as we recognize that love is the essence behind providing care to the most vulnerable and sick in our community
We are making every effort to minimize the exposure of COVID-19 to our Residents and staff. Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our Residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for Residents. With all of the directives being followed from the CDC, the CMS, the state health department, state government, and the federal government.
We are looking for staff willing and able to provide the upmost care to our Residents; to don/doff PPE appropriately, practice proper hand hygiene, and infection control protocols at all times.